As part of the continued expansion of the Australian Projects business, BayWa r.e. is looking to recruit a Corporate Finance Analyst to support across a range of commercial activities. Responsibilities are diverse and include financial modelling and investment analysis, project origination and structuring, project valuation and M&A activities.
This role is based in Melbourne. Salary is dependent on experience and performance.
Corporate Finance Analyst
- Conduct investment analysis and project valuation and provide detailed analysis and clear recommendations.
- Develop, use and maintain best practice financial models to analyse and evaluate new and existing projects, undertake project finance analysis, and scenario analysis.
- Support on business case development for new projects, including investment analysis, financial structuring, and preparation of Board and Investment Committee documentation.
- Assist with M&A activities, including but not limited to preparing bid models, undertaking due diligence, managing external advisers, managing data rooms and Q&A, and preparing investment documentation.
- Work with lenders to successfully execute project finance transactions and assist with modelling, optimisation, and reporting on debt covenants and metrics.
- Maintain a detailed assumptions book for each project alongside a database of broader benchmarks to assist with cross-checking of inputs and assessment of outputs.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders to help manage the sign-off process for key business decisions and to support on the successful delivery of projects.
- Relevant degree in commerce, economics, accounting or business.
- Ideally you have completed or are completing a post graduate degree or CFA.
- Two to three years post-graduate experience at a Big Four accounting firm, investment bank, fund manager or in-house corporate finance team with a focus on investment analysis, valuation and ideally project finance.
- Experience in the energy industry is preferred but not essential.
- Sound financial modelling capabilities with a working knowledge of VBA, backed up by training and demonstrated project experience.
- Highly analytical thinker with a structured and logical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to manage a range of priorities with tight deadlines.
If you are interested in this role and believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please attach a short covering letter and CV (as one attachment), including details of notice period, salary expectations and Australian work rights (essential).