Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Milton Keynes/ United Kingdom, and are currently looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f).
Legal Counsel (m/f)
- Drafting and negotiation of all commercial contracts with customers (wind OM, solar PV O&M, asset management, ad hoc work and services) and the company’s subcontractors and supplier
- Management of all legal matters arising under the company’s commercial contracts
- Assistance with all legal and compliance matters in tender processes
- Generally ensuring the legal rigour of all contracts, T&Cs, and general commercial arrangements of the company
- Ensure proper contract management and legal record-keeping
- Responsibility for ensuring corporate house-keeping matters are correctly attended to and kept up to date
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with BayWa r.e. group corporate governance requirements for the company, and delivering the required BayWa r.e. group legal and compliance reporting for the entity
- Ensure compliance with applicable law and regulations pertaining the entity’s on-going operations
- Provide internal legal support to the entity’s back-office functions
- Qualified solicitor in England & Wales; NQ – 4 years PQE
- Extensive experience of practicing law in a demanding commercial context (whether in private practice or in-house)
- Expertise in commercial law and general commercial contracting
- Energy/infrastructure experience, experience of solar PV and/or onshore wind highly beneficial
- Working knowledge of corporate law, with capability of managing the company’s corporate house-keeping
- Commercial attitude; ability to trade off legal risks against delaying or losing contracts
- Good negotiator and team player
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to deal with legal matters outside own area of legal expertise
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to effectively manage a range of priorities
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.