Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Milton Keynes, and are currently looking for a Procurement Lead (m/f).
Procurement Lead (m/f)
- Working with the Finance Manager, ensure that the Company secures the best deals for the products and services it purchases
- Continually develop, evaluate and manage procurement processes to ensure they meet BayWa r.e.’s needs and are in line with BayWa r.e. values
- Attend meetings with potential suppliers, conduct supplier comparison analysis and attend and record negotiations
- Manage tender processes and facilitate contract negotiations (with the support from inhouse legal counsel and the finance manager) with subcontractors
- Manage warranty information and information exchanges with regarding warranty claims with suppliers, and ensure the company’s operational activities remain compliant with warranty terms
- Maintain an inventory list of spares for all sites and ensure all used spares are replenished
- Manage flow of materials in and out of storage centers and maintain a stock list for each facility
- Help BayWa r.e. create a system of centralised spare parts stock in the UK, with international links where necessary
- Co-ordinate with the operations team to determine supplier timelines and adjust as necessary
- Create purchase orders and quotes for the operations team and on the company’s behalf
- Proven track record in procurement or a relevant business/finance related function
- Good understanding the procurement function within a business
- Working knowledge of project planning/finance processes and the ability to multi task effectively
- Able to remain composed and professional under pressure, always maintaining a positive outlook
- Driven and able to take the initiative, using time efficiently in order to meet deadlines effectively
- Excellent attention to detail with an emphasis on safety, accuracy and deadlines that belong to others
- Logical thinker and clear communicator, with honed interpersonal skills
- Has the aptitude to identify methods for improving own activities and processes
- Good negotiation skills, strong written and oral communication skills
- Good IT skills in Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Outlook
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.